PDA

View Full Version : New guy with a 7mm WSM

Cynical
09-20-2006, 12:38 AM
:coffee: Hi everybody,

I'm the new guy at this site so I thought about saying hello.

I have been reloading rifle and pistol since the mid 70's and still wish I could get it right in the first couple of tries.

Does anyone have a good accutate load for the 7mm WSM ?
Just got it and I'm hot to get it to the range.
There just dosen't seen to be a lot of data available.

My .300 Win Mag, and .223 black rifle run well enough but with this 7mm I just don't know where to start.

thanks.

:coffee:

Baldy
09-20-2006, 04:32 AM
I can't answer your question, but Welcome a board. Things are a little slow as everybody getting ready for deer season. Verisfier or David should be along after a bit and will help you.

versifier
09-20-2006, 06:07 AM
About the only thing I know about the WSM's is that the cutoff cases make great dippers for casting softpoints. :mrgreen: I watched someone at our range shoot one in .300WSM a month or so ago. By the third shot he had developed the most severe flinch I have ever seen. That's where I got the cases to play with. The only 7mm I shoot is the 7x57 Mauser.

My Sierra Manual lists it. What weight(s) bullet(s) are you thinking about? They list everything from 100gr HP's up to 175gr SBT's. What powders do you have on hand for your .300WMag? That will narrow it down a bit and save me some typing.

kg42
09-20-2006, 11:53 PM
Welcome aboard!

Wadayamean not much data ;) ?

Sorry I'm very short on time for the answer but I pointed Klaus recently to http://www.shortmags.org , download section bottom of the page.

His question was about some discontinued Winchester powder in the 300; let me know if you don't find it.

kg

Cynical
09-21-2006, 01:57 AM
Thanks Guys !
Sure looks like I picked the right bunch of reloaders to ask.
When I followed all of the links, there was way more data than I could digest in one sitting. I just may be at this for a while.
In the cabinet I have RL 22, RL 25, H4831sc, and H1000 and
160 grain Sierra Game Kings.
All will get Federal 215 match primers.
Thanks again for the help.
Al