PDA

View Full Version : Is this the new board?

j1
03-28-2014, 07:44 PM
Oscar and Picklehead have asked if I was on the "new board" ? Isn't this it? I have been on here since v suggested it. Probably about three weeks now. Is there another new board?

elkhunter77
03-28-2014, 10:02 PM
reloadbench.net is where everyone from the old place is. Some have come here. I like both of them.

elkhunter77
03-28-2014, 10:03 PM
Actually I think this is it: http://reloadbench.freeforums.net

Clayt
03-28-2014, 10:18 PM
There's no replacement for the old board, it was magic and it ran it's course.
12 years is a LONG time for any private forum to run.

The old board started getting weird without any moderators the last 6-8 month of operation.
That decay made me reluctant to visit there and honestly, it was no longer the quality place it once was.

The fallout shelters were even stranger.
The off topics were WAY OFF and personally I have no desire to be associated with a forum that tolerates such.
The "new board" even had a banner taunting a former member of the original forum, to me that exemplifies my point.

I'll be around this board from now on.

Hellrazor
03-29-2014, 01:36 PM
j1,

The RLB died when Greg left it run it course on auto pilot and it disappeared. There is no replacement, just alternatives.

The fallout shelter is on its 3rd reincarnation. But I am one of the people who you wont see there. The infantile rhetoric aimed at this site, etc by a few people over there pretty much ended my interest. I think my only post there was very succinct in my opinion on that issue.

Kirbydoc
03-30-2014, 12:35 AM
I visit both to see if there are interesting posts about powder, ballistics etc.