PDA

View Full Version : Survived!

versifier
03-27-2014, 08:13 PM
Posting from Ortho ward: I can type with my right hand again. Everything went perfectly this morning and they're talking about maybe letting me go home tomorrow. I am psyched! If there's still some decent snow on the ground in 2weeks then I'm harnessing up the dog and going ski-jouring.

fryboy
03-27-2014, 09:10 PM
been wondering how you was faring ( and hoping you wasnt trying to chase too many nurses :P ) you folks are supposed to get some more snow so there's a fair chance there'll be some left up there , meanwhile out here in the middle ...we're dry but warming up for a minute ( i dont believe ol man winter and mother nature are done duking it out yet however so ...) glad you're doing well amigo !!

SkyKid
03-27-2014, 09:45 PM
Vers
Glad to hear everything went good

Clayt
03-27-2014, 11:59 PM
Wow, and you were getting so good using your other hand too...... ummmm :oops:

(Glad you're on the mend)

j1
03-29-2014, 07:46 PM
Just got on here to this news cold flat footed. V what is wrong with you? Nothing serious I hope. Not joking. I never knew exactly what was wrong with you. You once said that you could not stand for a long time. Be well my friend, please.

versifier
03-29-2014, 11:38 PM
I ruptured a disk in my neck about a month ago and lost much of the use of my right hand/arm. I have the fine motor control back and most of the strength, just a little lingering numbness that should go away as I heal up over the next few weeks. For now I'm mostly watching us win WWII on the mil channel. It's amazing how many times we've won that war....

Kirbydoc
03-30-2014, 12:29 AM
It's amazing how many times we've won that war....
I'm delighted to hear you are doing well.
It is only by God's grace we won that war the first time!

Reload and shoot safely

j1
03-30-2014, 01:00 PM
V, I once heard that old age was not for the timid and with the arrogance of youth I laughed. After a stroke and the resulting poor balance and now quintuple bypass I am not arrogant. I am not bitchin either. Keep on keepin on. I hope that your recovery is complete and comes soon.

Wait till you get to the greatest tank battles. Even I remember Kursk. The german army got their ass kicked by the semi moronic russians. The germans thought that the russkies were just a little bit smarter than dogs. Did you ever wonder how they lost the war? They had far superior weapons from tanks to machine guns. Oh I forgot we had Hitler on their side. He kept throwing armies into the battle which were completely destroyed. He had Rommel killed. He started it all. We and the russians ended it all.

You will probably be watching a lot of T V. There is great stuff on and garbage too. What youwatch is up to you. Look I am a poet and didn't know it but my feet show it. They are longellows. Recuperate well v. You are a good man.

RiverRider
03-31-2014, 09:56 AM
Good to hear it went well, vers. Hang in there and take it slow like they tell you.

j1
04-01-2014, 04:05 PM
Are you making good progress in rehab? I hope so. Mine was fine but slower than I would have thought. Hey I am here.