PDA

View Full Version : Hey v check this out

j1
03-25-2014, 03:32 PM
http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?177672-Rabbits-amp-New-to-me-Ruger-77-22-K-Hornet&highlight=Euan

Mark check the shooting abilities of the Ruger Hornet.

V notice that a double beercan gas check was used.

Now this guy shot RABBITS by the thousands. He was a government eradication hunter.

versifier
03-25-2014, 11:37 PM
If he's pushing them much over 2000, he needs GC's. He's also shooting a K-Hornet, slightly larger case, a bit more speed. I see no need if the accuracy is there at lower speeds like 16-1900fps, anything within 150yds is history once the sights are on. He was happy with 2" @100yds, I see no reason why you can't do better than MOA. I rechambered two 14" Contender barrels to KHornet for friends last year, both of them are well under 1" with jacketed and cast bullets, but both would do that in their original Hornet chambering, just a bit slower.

j1
03-26-2014, 03:05 PM
V in my limited experience if the hole is in the correct place the rabbit will die. I have never hunted cape buffalo like Sergio, Oscars friend. Then bigger and faster is definitely better.

When you stop to let it sink in fully it is really amazing that every animal on the north american continent has been killed by the 22. Would you want to go grizzly hunting with your 22 ( and that means long rifle now) I surely would not.

I am really curious what groups my Hornet would shoot off the bench at at 100 yards. I really think that I have to start making lists. I forget a lot. The problem is I cannot remember if I always did forget a lot.