PDA

View Full Version : Global warming

j1
03-20-2014, 12:46 PM
All of the scientists speak of the increase in global warming yet this was the second and perhaps THE coldest February siince records were kept. I still cannot walk out my front door without Yaktrax due to the solid slab of ice there.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/03/18/science/scientists-sound-alarm-on-climate.html?_r=0

30-40 Kraig
03-20-2014, 01:27 PM
January was cold too. I used 40% more NG than last Jan to heat the house.

RiverRider
03-21-2014, 01:40 AM
"All the scientists?" I sincerely doubt that. Now, there are associations among scientists, some of which are strictly political in nature and these are the groups claiming that the issue is "settled science." That is total bullshit.

The most prolific "greenhouse gas" on the planet is water vapor. The earth's surface is approximately 3/4 water, so what in hell do they intend to do about water vapor? The answer is obvious: N-O-T-H-I-N-G! There is no conclusive proof that CO2 has any effect as a greenhouse gas, and there is no way that anthropomorphically generated CO2 emissions have any appreciable effect on the so-called "greenhouse effect."

The whole thing is politically motivated CRAP designed to scare people into accepting totalitarianism. Nothing more, nothing less.

Hellrazor
03-22-2014, 12:57 PM
Remember cows farts are ruining the atmosphere.....

Kirbydoc
03-22-2014, 07:49 PM
CRAP= Congressional Readiness Action Plan !!
Ready to increase your taxes at the drop of a hat in the sneakiest way possible.

j1
03-24-2014, 01:24 PM
Ten degrees earlier this morning. Global warming? I can use some about now. I think that MY global warming got lost and wound up in Fla.

Hellrazor
03-24-2014, 07:55 PM
j1, if you had cows farting in your yard it would have been warmer....

30-40 Kraig
03-24-2014, 09:18 PM
This past winter when we got down to -10 will be but a distant memory this summer when it is 110 degrees.

j1
03-27-2014, 02:54 PM
Hey Hell I would have been chasing those cow farts with my trusty Zippo lighter.

Kraig heck 110 is far better than anything we have had this winter so far.

I still have a block of ice in front of my porch steps which is four inches thick. It is too damned hard to chop and I have a heavy ice chopper. Hand made out of a steel pipe and a chisel blade.

noylj
03-27-2014, 11:52 PM
We are now on 13-18 years of NO global warming. There has been no warming during most of the time that the idiots have spread their stupidity. Follow the money--lots of money for global warming, lots of job loss for non-global warming.

Always "follow the money."

j1
03-28-2014, 01:03 PM
Please do not tell me that politics are involved. I find it hard enough to bash my lovely smirking president and his spendaholic wife. Please no more politics, my little brain cannot wrap itself around more. It is getting WARM. It MUST be spring. Life is good.