PDA

View Full Version : Grice Gun Shop

BBerguson
02-25-2014, 12:23 AM
I'm headed here https://www.gricegunshop.com on Wednesday. Check out the website! It looks like it is the gun store of all gun stores, the holy grail of gun stores, the mother of all gun stores, gun lovers heaven, shooters heaven, reloaders paradise, the store that would have given The Alamo a different ending, the reason the Japanese wouldn't attack mainland USA in WWII... Yeah, I'm a little excited! :mrgreen:

BB

30-40 Kraig
02-25-2014, 02:41 PM
Wish we had one here. Heck I wish we had a gun store period. Most of our gun dealers around here are private in home sales. Closest gun store would be 45 miles west. There is a Cabela's in Wichita ant that is 150 miles.

elkhunter77
02-25-2014, 07:38 PM
Same here30-40. It's the price we pay to live off grid.

Hellrazor
02-26-2014, 12:48 AM
Never been there. They have tons of ads on the radio when I am at the cabin. cabelas is 25-30minutes for me.... [smilie=w:

j1
02-27-2014, 09:52 PM
I hope you scoped out the bricks of 22. Not a bad price either. Waiting for the snow to stop.

BBerguson
02-27-2014, 10:21 PM
Lots and lots of guns of every type! An okay selection of reloading stuff but they didn't have what I was looking for... Nothing for the bullet caster, wads and primers for shotgun, no equipment for shot shell. Rifles, pistols, shotguns, AR's and lots of them! More than you could even appreciate seeing. Every scope you could imagine, lots of gun safes. All I picked up was a small bed table handgun safe and a Lyman sonic cleaner. Both of my buddies brought 22 pistols home.

The only 22 ammo they had was Eley Target at 75 per brick and Remington Eley Rifle (or something like that) for 89 per brick. Good supply of each and was the same when I left.

BB

j1
02-28-2014, 04:03 PM
Hey BB are you kidding? I bought a brick at Gander Mountain for $25 two weeks ago. It is Federal 40 grain. I am looking for a safe holster for my Glock model 27. I e mailed Grice but they have not answered me yet. Heck that was almost a week ago. I guess that they do not need more business. Been told that Cobra makes a good safe inside the waistband holster.

BBerguson
02-28-2014, 11:18 PM
No, not kidding but this is a target grade ammo so it's going to be more expensive than cheap bulk box stuff. Their prices on everything seemed fair to on the low end and they weren't trying to gouge anyone with this ammo. You want to see gouging go to Cheaper Than Dirt... They aren't a mail order store, they are a big, walk in off the street gun shop. Not surprised they haven't mailed you about a holster because they aren't setup for that. Email a mail order store any you'll probably get a response.

BB

j1
03-07-2014, 06:12 PM
Got the Galco inside the waistband holster. Seems quite good and safe so far. It is not that easy to transitionfrom a Smith model 60 to a Glock. Different machines.

Does "The Prophet" refer to the book by Khalil Ghibran?

BBerguson
03-07-2014, 10:30 PM
Got the Galco inside the waistband holster. Seems quite good and safe so far. It is not that easy to transitionfrom a Smith model 60 to a Glock. Different machines.

Does "The Prophet" refer to the book by Khalil Ghibran?

The Prophet! No, that's the name I wanted my son to use for cowboy action shooting. Thought it sounded cool and cowboy. Besides that his last name is Propheta...

BB

j1
03-08-2014, 09:18 PM
An old girlfriend in a land far away gave me the book "The Prophet.". Good book. I ought to look for it.