PDA

View Full Version : Another rifle

Mike in tx
02-16-2014, 01:49 AM
I went to the gun show today with another gun fanatic. He walked out with his first AR. Me, I now own a model 92 in 357 Mag. I went with no intention of buying but it called my name all afternoon. Now in the safe.

RiverRider
02-16-2014, 02:04 AM
Nice. I'll bet it will make a nice hog gun for those times you can surprise 'em at a feeder.

fryboy
02-16-2014, 03:29 AM
so ...was it a husky sexy feminine voice that sweet talked you or the aggravating raspy one that gnawed on your mind ? ( inquiring minds want to know :P )

DrHenley
02-16-2014, 04:03 AM
Mike, was it a Winchester, or one of those knock offs?

I've been looking at the various leverguns chambered for pistol calibers for a few years now, and just can't make up my mind. The Winnys are getting really expensive these days. I don't know that I can justify shelling out that much when a Rossi is less than half the price.

Mike in tx
02-16-2014, 12:43 PM
Doc, it was the husky sexy voice whispering sweet nothings into my good ear. It is a Rossi. I have done some research as I want a Marlin but like the Winchester it is overpriced for what I want it for. I am on a number of boards and most of the responses stated that the Rossi is as good as the Henry and easier to work on. It does have to be tuned but that is the fun part. Hone the trigger and may have to work the feeding ramp. It is light and fights me like I imagine a sexy ...... Oh what the heck I can still dream.

BBerguson
02-17-2014, 12:18 AM
A buddy of mine just bought a Rossi Nd I had a chance to shoot it. I LIKED IT! Kind of like shooting a 22rf but a little louder and a little push. He had some cast loads of double 75 gr wadcutters which printed about 3/4 inches apart at 50 ft. I liked the loads and gun was cool. Makes me want to get one.

Had a chance to pick up one of the molds and didn't. Fail on my part...

The safety seemed a little cheesy but functional and it allowed you to empty the gun a little safer.

BB

Clayt
02-17-2014, 01:07 PM
Mike,
Send me a case of Shiner Bock and I won't tell your wife!
I think those rifles are pretty cool, let me know how it works. I always wanted one in 454

Mike in tx
02-24-2014, 08:06 PM
I just got back from the range. The Rossi is a beaut. Buckhorn iron sights and less than 2 inch at 50 yards. It took all ammo well with no malfunctions. The 125 grain defense ammo needs to be chambered quickly and hard. All 158 grain and 180 grain cast were sweet. The trigger needs to be worked a little, probably more shooting. Not bad for OOTB. I will ordering a peep sight and a trigger rework kit from Steve's Gunz. I shot the AR (I am not a big fan) and it did well. Perhaps I will get to love it with more use. I am going to have to put a different scope on the Savage 99. Clayt knows the story on this. These are rifles that I have not shot much. Now to get the Remington 222 ready to go. OMG, how many rifles have I bought in the last 4 months. OH MY

PARA45
02-25-2014, 11:46 PM
OK, Mike you need to post pictures of that beauty and stop teasing us like that! :D

j1
03-07-2014, 06:20 PM
No. If going to tease me post "Star Trek Chics" that Doc had on the Yuku board. Have not been there in a while. Pretty ladies. My memory is still O K. Other things show a little wear and tear though.

Mike in tx
03-15-2014, 11:23 AM
Para, pixs coming when I finish the mods. Neighbor gave me a KIA tactical sight and have ordered a peep sight from Steve's. This is my modular rifle LOL Now off to Cabela's for some needed reloading stuff.