PDA

View Full Version : Clayt from the ol' Reload Bench forum

Clayt
02-03-2014, 05:21 PM
Allow me to introduce myself, I'm "Clayt" from the old (now defunct) reload bench forum.

Nice place y'all got here!

~Clayt

versifier
02-03-2014, 06:27 PM
Welcome home my friend. It is my hope that many more of our members from the old RLB can also find their way here to RLG. Things have been slow here for quite a while, but the lights are on and the welcome mat is on the front step.

Clayt
02-03-2014, 06:56 PM
I'll email an invite to BB, DPT, MikeinTX, Elkhunter and see who shows up

~Clayt

elkhunter77
02-03-2014, 07:59 PM
I signed up. Hope I did it right. Thanks guys for inviting me. Mark

versifier
02-03-2014, 08:30 PM
You sure did. Welcome, Mark, to RLG, aka "The Guide". I think you'll like it here. I have been here almost ten years, the last five as one of the mods. Fryboy, my counterpart, and I mostly keep on top of the spammers. Make yourself at home.

versifier
02-03-2014, 08:59 PM
To my friends and fellow RLB refugees, this is how things have been working here:

Like the old RLB, this is a site where everyone treats each other with civility at all times, especially when opinions differ. Political posts including reports of gun-related legislation and general news go next door on GunLoads in the general interest section. To join the GL forum you need to be approved just like the Bombshelter, not so here at present. Any flagrantly religious posts (pro OR con) are not allowed and will be deleted as discovered. (I am not talking about keeping a friend in one's prayers when things get tough, who you pray to is your own business, but rather open proselytizing or flagrant bigotry. This is a firearms forum.) If anyone posts a personal attack on another member here, the mods will ask nicely (usually in a Private Message) that the poster delete it. If not or if it is repeated, that's about the only reason (except for spamming) that anyone has ever been banned. Members always get the benefit of the doubt and a chance to make things right, spammers do not.

This is a place to share our common interests, not to argue over our differences on anything but our preferred components.

While I am not personally opposed to the use of expletives in text, there are those members here that may be offended if it gets excessive, so please try to be creative and humorous as opposed to crude and graphic whenever possible. (I was able to tell a pushy attorney in Superior Court to "Go ye forth and multiply!" instead of what I really wanted to say without offending the rules of court decorum, though the judge did spit out a mouthful of water laughing. Think about it.)

Currently there is no "Off Topic" section. I had found on a different site that it caused big problems when the mods did not feel that the forum rules applied to them. The one on the old RLB worked well until Greg lost interest, then the same problems appeared. It was getting out of hand on the "Bombshelter" without moderation and that will not happen here. If there is strong interest (as I suspect there will be as RLB was a very social site) I will consult with the powers that be and if they agree will see what can be done. They have tried to get me to agree to it before, maybe the time has come. Feel free to make suggestions.

fryboy
02-03-2014, 10:38 PM
hola amigos !
and welcome to the guide ! versifier is correct, mostly we try to keep the spammers down , so a fair warning may be in order , altho common sense if one gets by us ( or before we get to it ) please do not click any link they may have nor go to their supposed "home page" , safety pays in most aspects , be it reloading or surfing , speaking of spammers ... if one gets by us or even before we get to it please PM the mods if/as necessary, we'll take care of them as soon as we log on

kodiak1
02-03-2014, 11:28 PM
Three new guys in one shot!! Good to hear new stories.
Howdy from Central Alberta.

SkyKid
02-04-2014, 01:12 AM
Hey all
Frenchie of the South :razz:here also known as SkyKid from the old defunct RLB

versifier
02-04-2014, 01:52 AM
Another friend safe. Welcome Mark, welcome home.

Clayt
02-04-2014, 01:09 PM
I sent a few more e-mails, including 1 to KirbyDoc.
I sent Picklehead a PM.
I even posted a link to here on Sed's YUKA SUKA Board.
Spread the work people!
Lets see who else shows up.
~Clayt

mmax
02-04-2014, 02:45 PM
Hi Guys, I made it too. Yuku was getting to be a real problem.

versifier
02-04-2014, 03:41 PM
Welcome mmax. Glad you made it too.

SkyKid
02-04-2014, 10:49 PM
Hey Versifier
Thanks for the warm welcome
So when is the first annual Reloaders Guide festival going to start[smilie=2:

DrHenley
02-05-2014, 12:23 AM
fryboy and kodiak1, howdy! I hope you don't mind a flood of refugees. I don't know how much you know about us, but we were on a board that went down (The Reload Bench) and have been sheltering in a Yuku board that started off as a Lefora board. Not real happy about Yuku for a number of reasons.

I'd like to hear from any other regulars here so we can get to know our new neighbors!

BBerguson
02-05-2014, 01:32 AM
BB is here! I am here I am here I am herrrrreeeee! :D

BB

Kirbydoc
02-05-2014, 02:44 AM
Yeah, I'm here. Not a good month though.

fryboy
02-05-2014, 05:15 AM
actually versifier warned us ya'll mite be comin' lolz oddly enough i think i was a member of the reload bench albeit not a very active or participating member ( excuse me while i put mr. obvious back up for the nite ;) ) what i am more than anything is a voracious reader , sometimes it makes me feel like a sponge , reloading has however been a constant in my life for a long time ermm as has been reading :P glad to have you guys !

Mike in tx
02-05-2014, 06:58 PM
Welcome to the members from the RLB. This is a very good forum. Enjoy

Mike in tx
02-05-2014, 07:15 PM
Cast Boolits is also a great board that I inhabit more than here. Lots of info..

versifier
02-05-2014, 07:41 PM
Hi Mike! I suspect there might be a few more that have been members of both RLB & RLG. I am sure they will make themselves known too when they see the new activity here.

Mike in tx
02-05-2014, 09:17 PM
That is what we need here, a bunch of reloaders who shoot cast boolits and will keep this board hopping.

BBerguson
02-06-2014, 01:26 AM
I'm getting ready to melt a bunch of wheel weights and scrape lead to make ingots. Need to make a furnace of sorts after my concrete blocks dry out. Heating them while they're wet bust them into lots of pieces! I have too many pails of lead taking up a lot of space in my woodshop. Need to clean it up!

BB

fryboy
02-06-2014, 04:08 AM
ya had me there for a minute .... right up until you stated "I have too many pails of lead taking up a lot of space in my woodshop." because amigo .... there just isnt any such critter as "too much lead" ( unless it's in your bloodstream ) :p

BBerguson
02-07-2014, 01:11 AM
Yeah, maybe I should have said that differently... To clean up my shop, I need to reorganize the lead I have stored there. The multiple pails of lead need to be smelted down and poured into an ingot mold. This will make the lead useable for casting and allow me to store it in a smaller space.

How's that Fryboy?:-P

fryboy
02-07-2014, 02:50 AM
lolz is a clean shop the same as a clean desk ??? (i shouldnt mention my shop is cleaner than my desk :P )
i also have to confess i knew what you were implying ( did i mention i'm a wee bit onery ? what with cabin fever and all ...) but ..if you really had too much lead ... :wink:

elkhunter77
02-07-2014, 05:11 PM
BB it is interesting that you mention that. I got a wild hair yesterday and cast a couple hundred bullets for my 32 S&W Long. Today I am loading them up. Seemed like a great way to spend a few hours while I watch the snow. Now I just need to go shoot more, so I can load more......and on and on this thing of ours goes. Mark

Mike in tx
02-07-2014, 07:29 PM
Has anyone e mailed Sam?

versifier
02-08-2014, 02:38 PM
He knows. He's in the Facebook RLB group and I have been posting on there about here.

BBerguson
02-09-2014, 08:57 PM
don't know Fryboy, my office desk and shop are a always a mess. When I'm looking for a tool, I have to remember where I used it last because that's where it will be! This is a new shop and I need to get it arranged properly at least. The lead has to end up in a spot out of the way because it's too heavy to move a lot.

BB

RiverRider
02-10-2014, 01:48 AM
Howdy clayt, vers, elkhunter, & Sky Kid, who I already know from waaaaay back. And howdy to fryboy and kodiak.

Clayt
02-10-2014, 11:58 AM
RR, nice to "see" you here!
~Clayt

RiverRider
02-10-2014, 01:18 PM
Thank ye, clayt. And howdy to anyone I've left out!

Funny that casting comes up...I've acquired a couple of new molds over the last year that have yet to be warmed beyond room temperature. Plus I have about 300 pounds of alloy all cleaned up and ready to go. I just need to get my gonna in motion while the weather's still cool!

BBerguson
02-10-2014, 11:26 PM
My problem is, and it's not really a problem I guess, I think I enjoy casting and reloading more than I do the shooting. Is that blasphemous?

Mark, I need to get some more bullets cast for my sons 30 carbine. Hard to get the time while still trying to a new house the way I like it..

BB

DrHenley
02-11-2014, 03:17 AM
Funny that casting comes up...I've acquired a couple of new molds over the last year that have yet to be warmed beyond room temperature.

Yup, same here. I bought a mold for the 45-70 that my wife gave me for my birthday last year. It's still sitting in the box. I hunted with jacketed hollow points that I had left over from when #7 was still a Ruger #3 45-70. And we've had some really nice weather here in between cold snaps, so no excuses.

j1
02-11-2014, 02:29 PM
I do not feel that controversy should be avoided at all cost. It is an important part of life.

BB I can help you store some of your lead stash if you show me how to cast. I probably have 150 pounds of ingots cast from wheel weights. How many bullets would that make?

When are we having another RLB Fest? Maybe I can make it this time. I am a TRUE vagabond. I always thought that it referred to a person with little money but NO it comes from the spanish verb vagar which means wanderer. I do like to travel.

It seems like a lot of the old crew is here, I am glad to see (not say)

RiverRider
02-11-2014, 04:53 PM
Hi John. That would be about 5000 bullets weighing 200 grains each. Reckon that's enough to fool with?

sedstar
02-11-2014, 08:30 PM
hi versifier.

interesting post.

*we" are all "family"... myself, DOC, and a few of the other family members? we were hoping we could all cordially invite you to post any "grievances" you might have at the bombshelter.

neither me nor doc is "perfect"... nor is any member we have. BUT... we are all "family".

please come and bombshelter-post specific grievances, or, rule suggestions, or *anything* else... you have my personal, iron-clad promise that...

1) it will be a civil family discussion
2) if any one says anything rude or haughty, they will be locked out of the remainder of the "family discussion"
3) no member (or owner, or mod or admin) will be the slightest bit "dismissive" of anything you point out...

hey... maybe DOC talked about his "personal relationship with jesus" and it got to you, please dont be afraid to PIPE UP or feel "intimidated" he's the admin, hes the admin because of his internet programmign ability... i can move his offending post to the clubhouse where it belongs if thats it

hey... maybe me and doc SHOULD tell pickle that he has not been "cartoon" swearing and accidentally-forgetfully typing out naughty words.

hey... maybe you think ME has been not obeying the rules. I take no offense to it.

=================================================

these are just EXAMPLES... generic examples of what MIGHT be the fault.

if you dont remember? I once offered bthqt i felt like a regular member, and that *maybe* I would be more confortable posting under a "regular member" screen name (allowing MODS and OTHER ADMINS to move my posts or curtail me)

I have a very laid back management style in real life, and i do it on the net too... in real life? i just got "addressed" by an 18 year old girl at work. (where i am the manager) I didnt yell, i could have easily laughed and walked away... i didnt... i told her she was right.

versifier? we are *family*, and i would highly prefer you TELL US about this stuff. I have BEEN ON sites where admins and MODS dont feel the rules apply to them, or their friends dont play by the rules... it wont GET to that point.

but, you are cordially invited to list your grievances, and you have my iron-clad promise i will block ayne who gets rude or off color about it, out of the sane, rational "family discussion".

we are *family*.

Hellrazor
02-11-2014, 10:05 PM
Hey guys.

Where are the girls versifier promised us when we agreed to sign up? :smile:

RiverRider
02-12-2014, 12:26 AM
He promised you girls?? All I got was a lousy bookmark. I want a do-over!

sedstar
02-12-2014, 03:08 AM
with 7000 grains to the pound?

weigh on INGOT, multiply by 7000... thats how many grains the ingot weighs... divide by weight of cast pill, answer is nominal number of rounds "per ingot" asuming the ingot used is "representative" of average weight f any given ingot (mine run heavier or lighter)

Clayt
02-12-2014, 11:44 AM
Hey guys.

Where are the girls versifier promised us when we agreed to sign up? :smile:

He told me YOU were bringing them! (glad you're "here" anyway)

sedstar
02-15-2014, 07:02 PM
uhhhhhh "Bon Jour"