PDA

View Full Version : Springfield Armory XD pistols

Gunload Master
02-21-2006, 05:34 PM
Anyone ever shoot one of these XD pistols? The new 45ACP looks purdy nice..

http://www.springfield-armory.com/prod-xdpstl.shtml

30cal
02-22-2006, 03:20 AM
I realy like my springfield,good craftmanship,holds well fast shooting on bad guy!what do you think of the GI spec 1911 45acp? I wanna fire the new high capacity GI style I like my 1911, high cap handle might be too big springfields are nice guns

C1PNR
02-23-2006, 05:32 AM
Anyone ever shoot one of these XD pistols? The new 45ACP looks purdy nice..

http://www.springfield-armory.com/prod-xdpstl.shtml
Oh, man, I don't know what to say. I guess I'm just too old and set in my ways. I'm sure that XD will work very well, for you. I just like polished blue steel and walnut (sometimes other woods work, too).:)

And I really DO NOT like the Glock, and that XD looks a lot like one of them.:twisted:

I do have a Para P-14 Stainless, with extra mags, but don't trust it enough yet to put it by my bed. And I really don't even like stainless, but this is a special one that I may tell about some time.

I guess my only other comment is that it looks a little 'blocky," if you know what I mean. Just not well proportioned, I guess.

But the world needs to go around, and what you like is what you need to consider. Operability and reliability are the issues, along with how it feels to YOU!

Let us know what you end up doing about this.

Gunload Master
02-23-2006, 05:35 AM
Beginning of march one of our local gun shops is getting some of these 45ACP's in. I'm going to head down and check it out, see how well it feels in the hand and check out the quality of it. If I do decide to get one, we have an FFL friend who can get us a purdy good deal on a couple. If I do end up getting one, I'll write up a review with detailed images and some video so other's can get a good feel of it as well.

versifier
02-23-2006, 08:30 PM
Good pistol for you to start casting for, too. Nice fat boolits will cast easily and get shooting good groups quickly.

Graywolf41
09-05-2008, 01:03 AM
I purchased one of these XD45 and was so pleased with it's out of the box accuracy I went out and bought another. They're great for the price. I'm thinking of buying one of the XDMs. They seemed to have improved features that I like. I'll let you know if and when I do.

kg42
09-06-2008, 08:59 PM
It's a little frustrating to see where our best buys are coming from:

http://world.guns.ru/handguns/hg48-e.htm

just for fun
09-12-2008, 12:18 PM
shot a friends 5in XD in 45 APC. The XD is all over a glock like white on rice. To my way of thinking the XD is a glock with 20 years of improvements.The XD would be my first choice after a 1911.

Graywolf41
09-29-2008, 01:55 AM
I found one fault with my XD. When I shoot reloaded 200Gr LSWC I get ejection problems. The empties fail to eject and they are jammed into the clip so such a degree that the empty shellsa are forced down into the magazine. And the magazine develops a noticiable bulge right behind the magazine follower. Has anyone else had such problems?

mvp25560
12-05-2010, 06:05 AM
I bought one as soon the 45XD showed up, now I would like one of the new 45XDM. The one I have came with a 10 and 13 round Mag., I just love the 13 rounds of 45acp. Best round ever made and now with 13 rounds out shines all other Calibers on the market for self defence.
Thank God!