PDA

View Full Version : Ruger Old Army?

kg42
02-15-2006, 03:52 PM
Anybody bought one when it came out?
There's a thread on Cast Boolits mentionning that the first ones came with loading tables for a few smokeless powders... mine didn't, in the 80's.
If anybody has that paper, I'm curious...

kg

rocklock
02-16-2006, 02:59 AM
One of my shootin' buddies bought one when they first came out. I don't recall any smokeless data in the manual but I'll ask him to make sure.

d-o-k
02-16-2006, 04:40 AM
I can't ever remember seeing any smokeless powder loads .Unless they were talking about pyrox or what ever they call the powder that honday brought out?

Dave

versifier
02-16-2006, 08:18 AM
Pyrodex, it's called, (and I use & like it in my .54), but I don't ever remember seeing the smokeless data for the ROA either. Had a friend who owned one in the early 70's. Lived in the Peoples Republic of Massachusetts. They have this idiotic mandatory year in jail for unregistered handguns. He didn't realize it applied to percussion revolvers and m/l pistols, too, since you didn't need to fill out any paperwork to buy them. He was sitting on his front porch cleaning it one afternoon and minding his own business when a cruiser came rolling by. They grabbed him and his Ruger and took them both away. He can't own a gun or hunt anymore. Ever. I hate that state! If ever there was a place deserving of a natural disaster, that's it. Thankfully I now live where the air is clean, you can drink the water, and you can own, carry, and shoot whatever you want to. End of rant.