PDA

View Full Version : gun apprasial

jgcoleman11
11-06-2012, 03:14 AM
I have a friend that has his dads collection and is wantin to sale. I have a book but havin trouble finding some. Gun show comin up this weekend and wanting to take some and try to sale.I have ser#s and info if there is someone that can help there all in fair to good shape as far as mechanics but finish is not bad but used.

fryboy
11-06-2012, 07:56 AM
books seem to run the gamut on prices , most seem to go by the blue book of gun values , and the latest edition at that , but even that doesnt always seem to hold true , btw ? while mechanical aspects do figure into it finish often does and heavily !! on some guns , such as some antiques a rusty bore doesnt mean as much as " patina " ( well , within reason of course ) or how much bluing is left or is worn etc , because of the disparities it's best to look at some online auction sites and see what the guns themselfs are actually bringing ( the real world so to speak ) another place to check ( or perhaps even/also list them for sale ) is armslist.com , please keep in mind that there too the prices on the same guns can vary , a case in point is i seen a very worn $300 new gun being offered for $600 ( i think he was trying to also recoup the price of most the ammo shot in it that wore it out [shrugz]