PDA

View Full Version : Howdy Folks, I'm a new Guy!

Mosko
01-23-2006, 03:17 PM
I hope this is the correct forum for this post. I'm an old boy, been reloading for a long time, but learn new stuff regularly.

Lately, I'm into brass forming, loading and shooting some of the old stuff, 11 mm Mauser, 43 Argentine and the like.

I got this link from Toney, I think I'm going to like it here!

Toney
01-23-2006, 06:03 PM
Howdy Mosko Glad to have you here at the guide!!! i do a lot of reforming to

Gunload Master
01-24-2006, 02:10 AM
Welcome to the Guide Mosko! Any questions feel free to ask, any answers feel free to post :)

d-o-k
01-24-2006, 02:28 AM
G'day Mate welcome to the guide . Great place to swap information :-D
Dave

C1PNR
01-26-2006, 08:02 PM
Howdy Mosko!

I do a lot of reforming, too. Usually on Saturday morning, and sometimes on Sunday morning as well.:mrgreen:

Actually, I'm pretty much able to get "factory" brass for the calibers I'm loading. Used to reform for 32 Spl and 25-35, but then I bought a 30-30 and don't need the potential for confusion.

If I were to find one of the Rolling Blocks in .43, I probably would be into the reform process to feed it.

Mosko
01-28-2006, 09:14 PM
Ah yes, the rolling blocks. They have been made is so many calibers, for as many countries. I find it very enjoyable to work with them. The good thing is that you can't shoot a truck load of ammo if you try at one sitting. I find that with a good handload, some very impressive groups can be attained. I guess "quality shots" best explains it more than "quantity shots".

454shooter
01-29-2006, 02:37 AM
Hi Mosko,
Welcome. Glad you're here.
Hope you'll enjoy the forum.

Bullshop
01-29-2006, 04:10 AM
Mosko
Ask Jr. about them rollers. He has one on a sporter action built up for long range in 38/55, lucky little bugger. We shot a match at Buffalo Gap ND and he made me look ah well less experianced than himself and he's 12 and I am 50, lucky little bugger. He cleaned the 600 yard target and I skunked it. He went 4 for 8 at the 800 yard in a stiff cross wind and I managed to tie him on that one. I thought I was handicapping him by calling a couple extra points on his settings but he was still smacking that 800 yard distant steel buffalo, lucky little bugger.
Think I will load his match ammo next time, HA! Like ta see the lucky little bugger hit it now!!!
BIC/BS

d-o-k
01-29-2006, 04:18 AM
Mosko
Ask Jr. about them rollers. He has one on a sporter action built up for long range in 38/55, lucky little bugger. We shot a match at Buffalo Gap ND and he made me look ah well less experianced than himself and he's 12 and I am 50, lucky little bugger. He cleaned the 600 yard target and I skunked it. He went 4 for 8 at the 800 yard in a stiff cross wind and I managed to tie him on that one. I thought I was handicapping him by calling a couple extra points on his settings but he was still smacking that 800 yard distant steel buffalo, lucky little bugger.
Think I will load his match ammo next time, HA! Like ta see the lucky little bugger hit it now!!!
BIC/BS

Bullshop I feel your pain !!!!!! My 12yr old Step son has a very nasty habit of out shooying me on the range ! I've still got him Buggered out in the field for the moment ! Part that hurts is I shoot for a living ! But he dose most of his shooting at the range ! needless to say other members don't (choose not to) see the big picture !:mrgreen: May I suggest a 10oz Ball pane hammer applied to his trigger finger at great verlosity ????? (trust me I'm considering it )
Dave

Bullshop Junior
01-29-2006, 05:15 AM
Yep, that is me all right!!!!! Lucky bugger!!!! But he forgot to tell you that he set my sights with the setings for the 45/70 and used the 38/55 setings for the 45/70!!!! I still beet em though!!! Lucky bugger!!![smilie=w:
DANIEL/BS JR.

d-o-k
01-29-2006, 06:20 AM
Yep, that is me all right!!!!! Lucky bugger!!!! But he forgot to tell you that he set my sights with the setings for the 45/70 and used the 38/55 setings for the 45/70!!!! I still beet em though!!! Lucky bugger!!![smilie=w:
DANIEL/BS JR.

As a Dad ,I can sympisize with your Dad ! We're allowed to make slight errors of judgement (read stuff up big time ) I always tell my Lad that it's a learning curve for you young Blokes ! To see if your alert enough to pick the mistake:-D (Hey that's my story & I'm sticking to it !!!!) Plus the fact insanity is inheditry .......We get it from our kids![smilie=w:

Dave