PDA

View Full Version : The Hi Point 40

mikeb82301
10-09-2011, 06:25 PM
I just put a new rear sight on one that I got for LOW $$ on GunBroker, and let me tell you - this thing is a shootin' fool ! Hi Points aint pretty, I know. Some people judge quality based on price - and to some extent - have a point, but let me tell you - ANYTIME I can consistenly punch holes into the bottom of a beer can at 25 yards, using a pack of shop rags as a rest on top of a sawhorse, I'd say that the price of the weapon had little to to with how well it shoots. And I have NEVER had a misfeed... Glad to have a company like that around - that provides a reasonable-quality firearm at an affordable price, so those who may not have huge $$ at their disposal can purchase protection and/or recreational fun at a palatable price.

And NO - I do not work for them.

carlsonwayne
10-15-2011, 08:27 PM
I have the Hipoint 9mm carbine, and after I switched to an ATI stock and put a cheap heads up red dot sight on it, I never miss what I aim at, unless the target moves at the same time the trigger gets to the point of no return. I haven't shot it past 50 yards or so, but like I said I hit my target every time. I love shooting gofers with it using 115gr hollow points. Between 50 and 100 feet they explode. I wouldn't give that gun up for my life. Low cost, lifetime warranty, accurate as can be, what is there not to like about that??? I want to get a few pistols to stash around the house, but funding under dictator osama's regime has me unemployed and unable to cover more than food and bills. Once we get an American in the White House again and things pick up, I WILL get my stash guns.

oneyeopn
12-17-2011, 04:58 AM
I have 3 Hi Points right now. I have a 45JHP pistol and 9mm and 40s&w Carbines not the new ones but the original ones....I still love the way they shoot and how accurate you can be with them. They are the first line of defense at my house, the carbines are good to 100 yrds but I havent tried the 45 carbine but will have one this coming year. Really like the one in 40 s&W as far as accuracy and power but just love em overall...american made with american ingenuity, and priced for the average american!!

hunkyfish
09-15-2012, 02:52 PM
I've got the .45 the c-9 & the 995 TS,,,, great shooting guns !
UNEQUALED WARRANTY !
Made in the USA !
I regularly shoot the 995 out to 100yds with good accuracy,,, mainly depending on the ammo,,,,
Even took a 5pt Florida Whitetail with it at 80yds,,,, dropped him in his tracks !