PDA

View Full Version : Sears Heritage Rifle

beekeeper
05-19-2011, 02:46 PM
I have one , a M-IV in 30/06 and have always wondered who made them.
It shoots beautiful and is a perfect deer rifle.

The wife bought it for me more than 40 years ago and I have carried it around all these years and finally got to shoot it. It looks like a Mauser action but not like any military one I have ever seen.

Have looked around and never seen another one and have never been able to find any info on it.
Anyone have any ideas, where to look ,or on its origins?

beekeeper

versifier
05-19-2011, 04:17 PM
The first thing you need to do is to post a picture of it, then we'll have something more to go on. (Action from above and the bolt by itself, please.) Also list anything stamped onto the receiver as there could be some good clues there, too. Sears sold rifles by many different makers over the years with their name on them, but all were versions of the more popular rifles made by those manufacturers. Mauser made a lot of civilian rifles over the last century and then some, and some importers like Century Arms and others rebarreled and sporterized milsurps back when they were a dime a dozen. Comparing yours to what was produced during that time should shed some more light on its origins.

beekeeper
05-20-2011, 12:53 AM
don't have a working camera at present but did find pictures on another site of the same rifle
Removed it from the stock to check for data and found" SPAIN" stamped there and nothing else.
Magazine is aluminum and the floor plate releases the same as a 95/96 Mauser by pushing the button inside the trigger guard.
I have the original (the wife saved it not me) parts listing sheet that came with it and it does not give any indication as to manufacturer.

Any way here are a couple of pics