PDA

View Full Version : #@#$#%&$#*^!!!!!!!~

Toney
11-30-2010, 02:34 AM
Cut my dam finger off tonight grinding some deer meat!!!!! Got it right at the first joint on my left FU finger.

Just got back having it stiched back on.

Should have bolted the grinder down but just had a little meat so t tryed to c clamp it to the counter, was trying to hold it steady when it pulled away a little and my finger went in.

Merlin43
11-30-2010, 02:41 AM
Dang!
Although I (and my brother) have had a few interesting adventures with meats & knives and veggies & mandolines, turning one of the important fingers into venison sausage is *not* recommended!

I hope it all goes back on OK....

versifier
11-30-2010, 03:43 PM
That's a real drag. I hope it still works correctly when it heals up, and I hope it heals quickly. At least it's not your trigger finger. :wink: The worst thing I remember about broken fingers and hand burns is rolling over on them while sleeping.

kodiak1
12-01-2010, 04:48 AM
Dang that has to hurt.
Cut the end off my left thumb with a meat saw 40 years ago bled like a stuck pig.

Ken.

Toney
12-01-2010, 06:40 PM
Went to the bone Dr yesterday afternoon, got a $185.oo bandade. He said it will be ok , Take stiches out next wednesday , then the bone will have to heal. I shoot pretty good right handed, so I'm doing all right, Now just have to talk the old lady into letting me go hunting again, only got two doe tags left.

firefly 1957
12-03-2010, 03:54 AM
Sorry I have to ask was the grinder electric? I am having a hard time figuring out how you cut your finger off as my grinder would smash it beyond repair.

I finished my deer today only two nicks in myself that is good for me both happened as I got to cold to work with a knife safely.

Toney
12-03-2010, 06:37 PM
it was a hand crank bolt down one, being we're in a different house i did'nt have a place ready for it. Had clamped dowm with a big c clamp. Had my hand across the funnel guess when it pulled away from me my hand slipped and when she cranked the handle on around the grinder came toward me. Sis lost it i had to reach around the counter and crank the grinder backwards around a half turn to get my finger out. It was hanging on by a little bit of the pad skin

got pics if anyone wants to see it. in the oilfield we called stupid stunts like this "worm bites"

firefly 1957
12-06-2010, 06:44 PM
I understand a little better now I always use mine alone makes it easer to stop in an emergency. I also set mine up temporary your must be a larger unit then mine which was given to me and had no instructions.(New in the box might be from russia?)

kodiak1
12-19-2010, 06:48 PM
Toney
That digit must be healing enough to go back to pickin the nose!!!!!!!!!!
Ken.

Toney
12-24-2010, 06:14 PM
Felt good enough to shoot my new pf9 yesterday left handed!!!! Think it will be awhile before i can clamp it down with my support hand though.

I'm just starting to be able to move the last joint of my finger i think it going to be allright.