PDA

View Full Version : RamShot True Blue powder and 380 auto

tackstrp
06-02-2010, 12:32 AM
Been shooting My KelTEC 380 P3at with 100 grain lead cast bullet. Sadly not a micro tumble lube bullet. Been using 3.5 grains of Ram Shot True Blue powder. No signs of excessive pressure. Grains used could be a little on the light side.

Now if i could get a True Blue load data for 10MM 180 grain tumble Lube lee bullets, would be a happy shooter.

Ram shot has a load for 40 S&W may try at the high end for the 10mm. See what happens.

versifier
06-02-2010, 02:36 AM
If it is not listed, first contact the powder company directly, not merely check out their website. There could be a good reason why, or possibly they have simply not gotten around to testing it, but I would not consider trying it until I heard from them and found out which. The logic that works with .38spec/.357mag and .44spec/44mag can get you into serious trouble with a auto pistol cartridges, especially ones that operate at the pressure levels of the .40S&W and 10mm. You might also ask at the Sierra tech line 800 223-8799 or sierra@sierrabullets.com. Better safe than sorry.

BTW, there is no reason why tumble lubes cannot be used with non-TL bullets, it is the reverse (using conventional stick lubes with TL bullets) that is not a good idea.

tackstrp
06-02-2010, 03:15 AM
well after 100 rounds plus on the Kel tec very confortable with that load. When I find out about loading 40 S&W and 10MM iwth Lee Tumble luve 175 grain I will post. results. Just target loads i hope.