PDA

View Full Version : Aussie Christmas !

d-o-k
12-25-2005, 01:46 PM
Ah! I love a quiet Christmas day with the Family ![smilie=p: After a great lunch .Followed by Dad having a sleep on the lounge (Hey I'm not as young as I used to be :razz: ) As it was a beautiful afternoon weather wise ,not too Hot ,or cold ,nice & sunny! I grabed the kids & we spent a quiet couple of hours just Plinking Cans with my Single six[smilie=p: It's only a matter of stepping out the back door on our property! I'd almost forgottern what fun it was to just "burn up some ammo" for the fun of it .[smilie=s:

Dave

Bullshop Junior
12-25-2005, 05:53 PM
D-O-K,
Believe me!!! as soon as the sun is up I am going to "machine gun pop cans"!!!! No I am not using a fully automatic fire arm, but can pull the trigger fast enough to think that I fired 3 shots and I had emptied the magazine of 7!!!![smilie=w: Well I got to go put my scope away. (that is what I got for christmas.
DANIEL/BS JR.
MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL!!!!!!!

d-o-k
12-26-2005, 12:42 AM
I can relate to that ! it's the joy of plinking !The worst part is when you realise that you've got to go inside & get more ammo ! Tell me /us what sort of scope did you get & did you get a white Christmas ? (Hey I'm from Down under .I don't know wether you are snowed in all through winter or not:confused: )

Dave

Bullshop Junior
12-26-2005, 05:10 AM
I can relate to that ! it's the joy of plinking !The worst part is when you realise that you've got to go inside & get more ammo ! Tell me /us what sort of scope did you get & did you get a white Christmas ? (Hey I'm from Down under .I don't know wether you are snowed in all through winter or not:confused: )

Dave
D-O-K,
I got a pronghorn tasco for my new 22. My sisters got it for me and the 3-9 will be nice compared to the old weaver 4 X that I was going to put on it. YES WE HAVE A LOT OF WHITE!!!!! 2ft or more in some places, and the drifts are up to 5ft in some spots. last year We had snow drifts up to the top of the power poles.
DANIEL/BS JR.

d-o-k
12-26-2005, 05:20 AM
Nice scope for that .22 Mate very nice ! I know that most people do'nt see the sense in putting anything much higher than a 4x on a .22 but when I was shooting Rabbits for a living I never used much less than a 8x ! It was a case of head shots only & a miss ment I was out of pocket ! I reckon there's nothing wrong with having a edge !You'll do fine with that scope I'm sure (nothing like a head shot on a mouse ) Especialy for head shots on small game with no doubt as to the out come[smilie=2:

Dave

Bullshop Junior
12-26-2005, 06:44 AM
Nice scope for that .22 Mate very nice ! I know that most people do'nt see the sense in putting anything much higher than a 4x on a .22 but when I was shooting Rabbits for a living I never used much less than a 8x ! It was a case of head shots only & a miss ment I was out of pocket ! I reckon there's nothing wrong with having a edge !You'll do fine with that scope I'm sure (nothing like a head shot on a mouse ) Especialy for head shots on small game with no doubt as to the out come[smilie=2:

Dave
D-O-K,
Yes it is a nice scope, and will help me make pop cans and mice scream for mercy!!!![smilie=l: I had that old weaver on my 223, and replaced it with a leapers 3-9 mil-dot, and like it alot. I am still waiting for a set of rings. CDNN did not have the cheap ones in stock so I am going for the tactical.
But I am going to say that my little brother got a pop gun for christmas and 2 cases of caps. he has shot that gun so much today that the gun is turning black, and he learned to shoot it so fast that he has had fires in the cylinder!!!!! Believe me, I AM GLAD THAT I GOT EAR PLUGS FOR CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!!!!![smilie=l:
DANIEL/BS JR.

d-o-k
12-26-2005, 07:07 AM
Ah the sound of a cap gun firing at the Rate of a Mini gun on speed ![smilie=l: I trust your parents have writen you out of their will !I once brought my Little Brother a Air rifle for Xmas & taught him how if he could hit Dad's weather Vane in the head it would send it spinning :razz: It was great until the head fell off & my little Brother to ease our Old mans wrath towards him Dobbed me in as being the one who had shown him how to do it!:mad: I came home some months latter & copped both barrels from Dad! That was 20 yrs ago & I'm still convinced that the reason they don't have little Brothers day (like fathers or Mothers day ) is that it is impossible to put that much maliace in one card [smilie=l: !

Dave

Bigbore44
12-26-2005, 04:46 PM
Seasons greetings to all, peace and plenty...we hope.

Jim