PDA

View Full Version : Anybody still using the Lee Hand loader for shot shells

d-o-k
12-21-2005, 05:19 PM
Some months ago I was looking on E-Bay & there was a LEE Hand loader advertised ! Now as I started reloading with one of these back in the dark ages I grabbed it ! It's hillarius to bring it out to load a few shells when I have younger shooters who are used to Presses around ! I do'nt think that they really belive that we used to use these things ! I used to do 25 shells at a time until my Mother came into our Old reloading Rm to see what I was doing & I spun round to see what she wanted & Knocked over 25 loads of #10s ( from memory ):eek: :shock: :oops: Hell that would have to have beenover thirty years ago now & she still on ocassion brings it up ! This is probarly why I do'nt visit as much as they'd like :lol:

Dave

versifier
12-21-2005, 06:46 PM
I still have one on the shelf and every so often I get the urge to use it, usually for when unwelcome squirrels start moving into buildings come cold weather. Then I fill the shot cups with uncooked rice over very mild charges of whatever suitable powder is handy. No holes in the roof or walls, broken attic windows, irate wives, etc. I don't bother with it if I'm really in a hurry, just grab a shell, dump the lead, and recharge, but I find I don't hurry so much anymore. Shotshells, like 9mm ammo, are cheap enough that I don't feel the need to reload them, just it's fun when the spirit moves me.

d-o-k
12-22-2005, 06:23 AM
No holes in the roof or walls, broken attic windows, irate wives, etc.

All of a sudden I don't feel that I'm the only abused & missunderstood Husbane left in the world [smilie=l: My wife has banned me from leaning out the back door these days to shoot crows! I just feel there is something missing in my life :shock:

Dave

versifier
12-23-2005, 03:48 AM
Then again, maybe you are. I divorced mine after she started persuing recreational opportunites with a former friend. I'm well rid of her and the kids are with me most of the time anyway. Now no one bothers me while I'm casting or loading unless I choose to leave the phone on, and if I want to stay up and write until 3 or 4 I don't have to listen to the old yatata. My new girlfriends either shoot, write, or in one case, both, and all appreciate me for who I am, rather than trying to make me into something I'm not. I got the better bargain - she still has to live with - herself! Happy Holidays.

krag35
01-10-2006, 02:44 AM
I have a Lee loader for 30-30 that I have never used, and one for 10 gauge that I load buckshot loads with (ever priced 10 gauge buckshot?) I have a mold that casts 14 30cal balls at once, so it isn't so time consuming. Dropping 30 grains of Red Dot at a time is a bit spooky tho. I also use it to load 2 oz of #6 shot for Turkeys. I don't shoot many of these so it works out pretty good.
krag35

d-o-k
01-10-2006, 03:18 AM
Then again, maybe you are. I divorced mine after she started persuing recreational opportunites with a former friend. I'm well rid of her and the kids are with me most of the time anyway. Now no one bothers me while I'm casting or loading unless I choose to leave the phone on, and if I want to stay up and write until 3 or 4 I don't have to listen to the old yatata. My new girlfriends either shoot, write, or in one case, both, and all appreciate me for who I am, rather than trying to make me into something I'm not. I got the better bargain - she still has to live with - herself! Happy Holidays.
Got rid of the first one for the same reason! Tracey has a nasty habit of out shooting me these days ! When we first got together she was straight out of the city & hated firearms (maybe I should of let her stay that way:-? ) She grew used to the idea of the fact that they were the tools of my trade & made us a living & then she got her first snake with the .410 followed by her first roo with the .223 & now I have to hide the keys of the safe otherwise she's out there testing everything in the safe!

Dave

versifier
01-10-2006, 08:52 PM
Does she clean them, too? Even if not, it does sound like you've got yourself a keeper. Not that I'm too keen on trying for a second time round at this point, but you never know and maybe I'll get lucky, too. They say "Third time's a charm" - I'm not going there! Time to go shovel some snow!

d-o-k
01-11-2006, 02:25 AM
Does she clean them, too? Even if not, it does sound like you've got yourself a keeper. Not that I'm too keen on trying for a second time round at this point, but you never know and maybe I'll get lucky, too. They say "Third time's a charm" - I'm not going there! Time to go shovel some snow!

Cleans what ever she shoots ,Dresses her own Game & reloads !!! Only thing is she won't leave me at my Gun Guys with out adult supervision!!!:cry:

Dave