PDA

View Full Version : Henery .22lr lever rifles

d-o-k
12-20-2005, 05:15 AM
I'm thinking of getting a .22lr lever gun for the kids & have been offered a very good price on a lever action Henery (I write it of on the Bisuness & do'nt pay sales tax & it becomes a deduction :wink: ) Has anyone had any expriances Good or Bad with these rifles?

Dave

jh45gun
12-20-2005, 05:59 AM
I have a 22 mag lever Henry and I love it! In fact I think so highly of it my only expensive scope I own a Leupold 4 x compact M8 sits on top of it to take advantage of the great accuracy this rifle has. If you got any doubts check out the Henry web site and read the letters of satisfied customers that should tell you how nice and accurate these lever guns are. The best thing is Henry has the best customer service in the Business bar none so if you ever have a problem it will be fixed and no hassle either. I highly reccomend Henry to anyone.

versifier
12-21-2005, 01:18 AM
One of the guys in my shooting club has one of the yellowboy repros and I was not very impressed with either its accuracy or the quality of the workmanship. It rattled when I shook it, worked sloppily, wood to metal fit was not great, and the barrel finish was uneven. He's very happy with it, though, and seems to have got it more for historical/esthetic reasons than practicality. :p
Another guy has one of their little single shot youth rifles and that's a corker. Even six to eight year olds can work it without any trouble. The action is well made and it's more accurate than any $80 (Hunter Ed instructors can get any of them for wholesale in NH) rifle has any business being. The kids all love it and can shoot it well in no time. :D
Their other lever model I have handled, but not had a chance to put through its paces. It seemed to be of much better quality than the yellowboy, with the action tight and positive. The walnut was of really good quality, with very nice figure approaching fancy grade even on the regular version. ;) I didn't shoot it, so I don't have any idea how accurate it is, but if you weren't happy with it that way, it's pretty enough that it will sell easily.

d-o-k
12-21-2005, 02:16 AM
Thank you kindly fellas I would think of getting the Yellow boy I'm just thinking of the Plain Jane version . Looks like I'm going to have to consult with my Gun Guy over the deal ( He also has a couple of other actions that I'm looking at for a of projects I have in mind [smilie=s:)

Dave

jh45gun
12-22-2005, 12:40 AM
Any Golden Boy I have seen has been a darn nice rifle if his rattles when shook something is wrong with it and should be sent in also I would question that accuracy problem as any Henry I have seen shot very accurate. Tell Him to Contact Henry and tell them it rattles when shook and it is not that accurate. Henry will send him a tag to ship it back to them fix it or relplace it and send it back. All free of charge for the shipping and I am positive for the repair as well as Henry has the best customer service in the business. Any company can send out a clunker once in a while and Henry is no exception it happens, What Henry can and will do is fix the problem in a fast and timely manner and I have not seen on the net yet where some one was charged for a repair. I suppose if the rifle can be proven to be neglected they may say something but I have not seen it yet. From what I have seen is anyone who has delt with Henry Customer Service has come away satisfied and Usually Anthonty Imperato the President of the CO usually answers personally your emails or return calls. I would tell him to send it in and get it fixed as something is not exactly right with it even though it still may be working. My standard 22 mag is as tight and as smooth as butter.

versifier
12-22-2005, 03:42 AM
jh45gun,
I will pass definitely that along when I see him next. Thanks you. I think it's likely he'll take advantage of your advice. It did seem odd compared to their other products, but d-o-k asked for my experiences and I delivered.
It's good to hear about such proactive and positive responses in today's world of generally "thumb-your-nose-at-your-customers" customer service. I do wonder how well their customer service would respond if he should encounter a problem way down under. Probably the same great response with a just a little longer wait.

jh45gun
12-22-2005, 05:52 AM
Not sure what rules they have down under for sending guns to the states to get fixed but I know that Henry would not have a problem with it but may be different on the other end.