PDA

View Full Version : LiLGun for Hornet

wistlepig1
10-01-2009, 06:07 AM
I ordered a Lyman mold 44 gr for my 22 Hornet. I was planning on using LiLgun in Win. cases. Would anyone have cast load data for LiLgun, I have been using 12.8 grs with my jacketed bullits and they worked well. Thanks Martin

versifier
10-01-2009, 03:23 PM
Welcome to the Guide.

Neither Lyman manual lists LilGun for that bullet, nor does Lee. I have no experience with the powder, or I could at least give you somewhere to start.
Three suggestions:
1. See what the other members here come up with.
2. Check next door at Cast Boolits.
3. Contact the manufacturer.

wistlepig1
10-01-2009, 07:28 PM
About a year ago I started using LiLgun in my new savage hornet on the suggestion of another Hornet reloader, and have been very pleases with it for Jacketed stuff. I have noted that it isn't near as hard on cases. I had an old Win. 25 years ago and used 2400, Unique, H110 at that time, and I didn't get many reloads per case. With the Lilgun that problem has gone away. That the reason I wanted to use casts and I am tired of working up a good load, then not being able to find more of the same bullits for 6 mo's. {a common problem these days with all loads). When I get my new mold I will start with 12.0 grs and work from there. Thanks martin

runfiverun
10-02-2009, 12:47 AM
lil gun has a reputation for good accuracy in the hornet,it also is pretty peaky be careful.