PDA

View Full Version : 300 Remington Ultra Mag

Gunload Master
04-23-2005, 03:33 AM
Recently one of these has been brought into our families grasp, but as of yet we havent found a great load for it. Factory ammo is a bit too much so we want to stick with reloads.. Anyone have a good load for it?

onceabull
04-24-2005, 11:17 PM
Well,i'm confused,so need enlightenment before trying to advise...I thought "Ultra" in assocation with magnum designated something from the Remington line of cartridges..( i do think Brownchester made some 300 Rem.ultramags in a model 70)) what do you actually have in hand,as my exp.is limited to the original Remington 300 Ultra Magnum..?? Onceabull

Gunload Master
04-25-2005, 04:04 AM
hehe, I posted that in haste and I appologize.

Yea it's the 300 remington ultra mag. Sorry

onceabull
04-25-2005, 06:30 PM
GM: Ok,then ..I can't talk from exp. on Reloader-25,but Alliants Webpage shows some loads . I'd expect,given where posted,that they are of the "starting load "variety... I'm still using up H-870 ,primarily for economic reasons,but it kicks the Nosler 220 Partition along as fast as my shoulder cares to participate.. Onceabull

Gunload Master
04-25-2005, 08:30 PM
Yea these guys pack a good shoulder punch. I got some of Alliants info to test, I was just wondering if anyone had some good expirence with a particular load that they liked for it.. wanting to try and stick with a 180 gr if possible too.