PDA

View Full Version : Target holder

Toney
12-05-2005, 01:48 AM
them old iceboxes have always been good targets but get full of holes to quick. Some ahole dumped one on the lease where i've been shooting. I have used it to chrony off of and been using the doors to hold butcher paper lots better than tapeing it up, been stuffing the trash in it when we are through

454shooter
12-11-2005, 07:31 AM
HiYa Toney,
Yep, gotta make sure them ice boxes don't escape !

Bullshop Junior
12-14-2005, 05:59 AM
I use whatever is in reach for a target holder!!!:mrgreen: :-D I have used trees, rocks, old cook stoves, old ice boxes, oil cans, dirt banks, old pieces of wood, old tractor parts, a old vent cover, and lots of other stuff, at the dump. as I said anything in reach!!!!!!!
DANIEL/BS JR.

versifier
12-14-2005, 08:14 PM
My favorite target holders are those metal housepimp (realtor) for sale signs. They have great pointy things to stick in the ground for stability, are rugged, and will hold whatever kind of backer that you prefer. They're small enough to put in the trunk of a car, and there are so damned many of them popping up everywhere that it's a shame not to have them serve a higher purpose. You can easily fit up to six targets on each one (or even more for short range .22 practice), and with several of them, you can set them at different ranges so you don't have to run downrange as often. :smile: As soon as they no longer look perfect, the housepimps no longer want them, so a little sanding and a splash of spray paint and they'll last you for years. Some people around here have a tendency to remove them on sight as they are eyesores, but that could, I suppose, cause some problems for the indiscreet. Not me, of course...:rolleyes:

d-o-k
12-17-2005, 05:26 AM
HiYa Toney,
Yep, gotta make sure them ice boxes don't escape !

Great idea! One mans trash is another shooters Treasure![smilie=p: One thing I must ask ...... Is there a min Cal for shooting Ice boxes ? I'd hate to wound one & have it get away[smilie=l:

Dave

kjohn
02-27-2006, 06:40 AM
Farmer target holder: Pound a couple of 2x4's into the ground at appropriate distance apart, nail another across, and slide a pallet down to the one nailed across. Good for one heck of a pile of shooting. Pallets gets chewed up - burn it at the next weiner roast. It helps to staple cardboard from an appliance box on first, to give a backing for attaching targets. I use the surplus price stickers from a Co-op store for patching targets (man-size pistol practice ones). Shoot- patch - shoot patch - ahhh, great way to pass a lazy afternoon!!!

d-o-k
02-27-2006, 06:50 AM
Welcome to the guide Kjohn & a great idea

Dave

Toney
02-28-2006, 04:00 PM
Welcome to the guide Kjohn!!!

C1PNR
03-05-2006, 01:58 AM
Many times a polite phone call to a major realtor in your area will result in the offer of several free signs.

As you say, they like the ones that look good and are usually willing to get rid of the shoddy lookers.