PDA

View Full Version : I'm Curious

swamp
04-09-2009, 01:26 PM
Throughout this forum and even at the top of the web page I see "Cast Boolits" or just "Boolits'. Not wanting to look stupid, I looked through all my loading books and even went to an online dictionary which says, "No Such Word". I'm wondering if that's some special casting term I've never heard of, or "Bullets" misspelled??

kg42
04-09-2009, 03:30 PM
http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?t=40260

45nut started the site some years ago, and probably didn't think much about the spelling, apart from its lack of formality.

Thanks to the horrible Yahoo format of the castbulletassoc. forum , CastBoolits has become the cast bullets forum.

If you browse through the Shooters.com part of the site, you will find more about it.

kg

swamp
04-09-2009, 03:47 PM
I see.

So it's welcome to the world of Phonics.

runfiverun
04-09-2009, 08:47 PM
it differentiates between cast and jacketed.
since we are typing and reloading a quick difference spelling is helpful in load data.

swamp
04-09-2009, 09:17 PM
it differentiates between cast and jacketed.
since we are typing and reloading a quick difference spelling is helpful in load data.

I think I'm confused again; so the dictionary is wrong and there is such a word? I cant find anything about this in any of my reloading books or is this a forum slang term?

I usually identify cast of jacketed bullets like the rest of the world: LSWC, JHP, LRN, etc.

missionary5155
04-10-2009, 10:23 AM
Good morning Swamp
I like that... "A dictionary wrong"... Mrs. Kennedy (my 9 th graded English D.I.) would have fricasied my hide publicly had I even thought that. She was brutal !
She could rip out cast boolits with her eyelids and never miss a phrase ..
The stares could set off smokeless at 10 yards...
Sure the word " BOOLITS " exists.. Do you really think thousands of well adjusted men & ladies would sit about jabbing keys pretaining to a miss- spelled subject ??
Mike in Peru
He Is Risen !

swamp
04-10-2009, 12:41 PM
Do you really think thousands of well adjusted men & ladies would sit about jabbing keys pretaining to a miss- spelled subject ??
Mike in Peru

Yes LOL

He Is Risen !

Indeed He has.[smilie=w:

runfiverun
04-10-2009, 06:52 PM
makes more sense to me then. aiight or axe or biness
or Thx or....

Tom W.
04-12-2009, 05:43 AM
or prolly....

JJB2
04-12-2009, 08:05 AM
or prolly....

hey !! i like prolly............................................ ................................. you are right tho the rest is nonsense........ :)

kodiak1
04-12-2009, 06:56 PM
Only in Canada aye
Ken