PDA

View Full Version : what the 2nd ammendment is all about!!

Lakebilly
03-19-2009, 05:57 PM
Suzanna Gratia-Hupp: What the Second Amendment is REALLY For

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4069761537893819675

Texas state representative, Suzanna Gratia-Hupp, whose parents were killed by an insane gunman while her gun was out in the car, gives very moving and bold testimony about the REAL reason that the second amendment was designed to protect our God-given right to keep and bear arms.

Graywolf41
03-20-2009, 03:10 AM
I cannot agree with the term "God" given right. It is a definite right but in my opinion it is the right of the people that no government can take away. I believe in God, but I don't think God gives these rights. It is a basic right of life, liberty and in so doing,it will lead to the pursuit of happiness.

Mtman314
03-20-2009, 05:50 AM
The Second amendment is for not only protecting yourself, your property and your family, but it was mainly there to ensure that if the Government became to abusive and dictorial that the people would have the means to Rise up and reinstitute a new Government. Remember Government only rules by the consent and collusion of those it governs. As such I believe that whatever a modern infantryman carries in the field that is what the average american should be able to possess. Would this be abused? Yes it would be at first by some but when the punishment is severe enough and people are held responsible for their actions a good bit of this misuse would stop and personal responsibility should have set in. Of course this is in a perfect world I guess.

Lakebilly
03-21-2009, 02:38 AM
Bible says (James 1:17)"Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, & comes down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow of turning." i would consider freedom a gift from God.

versifier
03-21-2009, 10:05 PM
We aren't here to argue religious differences. This is a firearms forum, and that is the common thread that binds us here. I think the point was that our freedom was bought and paid for by the men of many generations of Americans that have fought and often died for it. It has never been a gift, except from them to us. The Tree of Liberty is watered with the blood of patriots and tyrants, and governments are works of man, hence imperfect. History has shown us that some governments are more imperfect than others. Then it is up to men and women to replace them in whatever manner may be appropriate to the circumstances.

armyrat1970
04-02-2009, 12:01 PM
We aren't here to argue religious differences. This is a firearms forum, and that is the common thread that binds us here. I think the point was that our freedom was bought and paid for by the men of many generations of Americans that have fought and often died for it. It has never been a gift, except from them to us. The Tree of Liberty is watered with the blood of patriots and tyrants, and governments are works of man, hence imperfect. History has shown us that some governments are more imperfect than others. Then it is up to men and women to replace them in whatever manner may be appropriate to the circumstances.

Well said. The time is now at hand to either change our existing government by means of voting or the only other alternative is to abolish it for the welfare of our children and grandchildren.

JJB2
04-06-2009, 12:36 AM

very well said.... the 2nd amendment was never about hunting..... like uncle ted says... "the 2nd amendment is my license to carry a gun"................