PDA

View Full Version : Lyman 450 Lubrasizer

kimber 40
12-02-2008, 04:41 AM
I have a Lyman 450 bullet sizer, i have sized about 1500 rounds of 45 with it and today i noticed there was bullet lube leaking out of the bottom of the sizing machine. It seems to be coming from the seam between the round black piece that the long screw goes into and the body of the sizing machine. When you tighten the screw up on top to compress the lube in the machine body the soft lube squeezes out between the machine and the bench.It appears that when the unit was made the fabricator used a centre punch to pound some indents in the small round black piece to stop it from spinning. The o ring that seals the two metal pieces appears well used and could use a new one. But i suppose my question is the piece that the threaded rod goes thru from the bottom is that supposed to spin or is my theory right about the punch marks are supposed to stop it from spinning ??????? and the o ring seals it ???????

MT Gianni
12-08-2008, 01:08 AM
Yep you are right. Mount it on a piece of soft rubber or a couple of thicknesses of truck inner tube.

missionary5155
12-08-2008, 01:42 PM
Good morning I made a thin leather washer larger than the BLACK THING. The bolts holding the tool to the steel plate mine sits on has enough smash to it to stop the leak.

kodiak1
12-09-2008, 12:07 AM
Sounds like a fix to me.
Ken.